Center DC and Radiant Roots LLC are thrilled to invite you to join us for our third annual journey - or 'Rihla' - to Ramadan program! This year, the journey is IN-PERSON and presented as our very first weekend retreat, God-Willing! Join our team, along with some very special community providers for a weekend of preparation, reflection and personal growth as we explore what it means to center our connection to Allah this Ramadan. You’ll have a chance to connect deeply with others, learn about yourself, and discover the rich advice our tradition has to offer regarding mental health, self-care, and personal development. Guest presenters include:
- Shaakira Raheem (Radiant Roots) facilitating mindfulness, Islamic meditation + bodywork
- Shaykha Ieasha Prime (DAH) sharing the spiritual impact that Ramadan can have on our lives
- Imam Chad Earl (ICM) sharing the fiqh and spirit of fasting with detailed Q&A
- Osama Abdul Salaam (Center DC) presenting a snippet from his classic Dua Class
- Lauren Schreiber (Center DC) facilitating authentic relating games and group reflection
- Muhammad Oda (Center DC) facilitating storysharing and nasheeds around the camp fire
NOTE: Proof of vaccination is required (2 doses + booster), as well as a negative rapid test. Mask-wearing will be encouraged during group gatherings.
In need of financial aid? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and statement of need to apply. Applications will be considered on a first-come-first-served basis.
Catch the early bird discount between now and 1/20/22. As long as the retreat center is open, we plan to move forward with the retreat. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer individual refunds for the deposit past 1/20/22, unless the retreat is canceled. If the retreat center shuts down, we'll be providing a full refund to attendees.